Kidnapped PH female lawyer regains freedom after 4 days in captivity

Paullete Bisola Ajayi, a Portharcourt-based female lawyer who was kidnapped at her residence on October 4th, by unknown gunmen dressed in Army uniform, has been rescued by the Anti-Kidnapping Unit of the Rivers State Police Command after spending four days in the hands of her abductors.

 The young lawyer was abducted at her residence on Sunday at her residence in Rumuokwurusi, Obio-Akpor Local Government Area of Rivers State and immediately a viral video of her sister raising alarm over the incident had gone viral on the social media.

Rivers State Commissioner of Police, Joseph Mukan, had while receiving a taskforce set up by the Nigerian Bar Association to secure the release of the young female lawyer earlier this week, said the identity of her kidnappers was already known.

Speaking with newsmen on Thursday in his office on the release of the young lawyer, CP Mukan said Police operatives also rescued Paul Nyulaku whose white Venza was used to carry Miss Ajayi after she was kidnapped.

According to him, Bisola Ajayi and Paul Nyulaku were rescued last night in a forest at Okomoko in Etche local government area following a sting operation by men of the Anti-Kidnapping Unit.

CP Mukan said one man identified as Chinedu Chigbu who was watching over the two kidnapped victims was arrested while one of the kidnappers was fatally wounded in exchange of gunfire.

He said the kidnappers’ camp was immediately destroyed while efforts are on to arrest other members of the gang.

The rescued lawyer, Ajayi in an interview shared her experiences in the hands of her kidnappers.

“They shot at me and took me in front of my family members. In fact they told me that they had killed my family members. I didn’t know where they kept me and they were going to ask for a ransom of 50 million naira and by the next day, the ransom had increased to 200 million naira because everyone had reported that I was missing,” she narrated.

She commended everyone including the state government and the security agencies, that put in efforts to ensure her prompt release.

Also speaking, Paul Nyulaku the first victim of the kidnappers, said they attempted to take his life after several moves failed to get the ransoms, commending the Police for the professionalism and commitment t

Comments are closed.