“She doesn’t love or appreciate me like you do”, “I love you and not her”, “I am only tolerating her because of my kids”, “I wish I met you earlier”, “she is outside the country and we haven’t spoken in years”, and the new and latest one, “I am not really married”. These can be described as the “national anthem” of the cheating husbands club.
The term side chick is not uncommon in our society today. We talk about it all the time; we see stories where the wife gets to confront the side chick and sometimes this leads to a fight. These fights always go viral.
How do they even cope with the lies? I ask. And oh the biggest lie of them all, “I am going to divorce her”. Sisters, the man is not going to leave his wife for you.
Here are some reasons he would never leave his wife;
- He loves his wife: As much as he might hate to admit it, he loves his wife and that is the true reason he married her in the first place. They might go through some challenges, but despite all of that, he always goes back home. She gets him more than you do, you are but his mistress. If he loves you as much as he says he does, he would have left her already.
- His Kids: Married men would not leave their wives for side chicks because he doesn’t want his kids to grow up in a dysfunctional home. Whether or not he is getting along with his wife, just looking at his kids would make him commit to the marriage for their sake.
- He has it all: You can call this the best of both worlds. He gets all the love and attention from the side chick, then goes home and gets some more from his wife, plus play with his kids. I mean, life is good. Why would he want to disrupt that?
- Social Image: Divorce could be really messy and no man would want his image soiled because of an affair with a side chick. He would as much as possible hide it and stay happily married with his wife. He has a reputation to uphold here, especially if he is in the public eye.
- He probably just wanted a break: Most men don’t cheat with the intention of leaving their wives. He just wants to have fun and experience something else. He isn’t looking for love.
My advice is to stop being the other woman. You deserve a man of your own! It is not fair to anyone involved.