spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
August 21, 2026 - 7:48 AM

Joint Security Forces Extend Manhunt for Police Stations’ Attackers to Anambra Forests

The Joint Security Force in Anambra State on Tuesday said it has intensified the manhunt for insurgents who attacked two Police Stations in the State recently.

Recall that insurgents had late last month, attacked the Neni Divisional Police Headquarters with Improvised Explosive Devices, IEDs, although no personnel was hurt, nor any arm carted away.

Also in the past month, the Anambra State Vigilante office at Amichi was attacked and an operative set ablaze, alongside the building and a security vehicle.

The Security forces immediately launched a manhunt for the attackers.

Speaking with newsmen on Tuesday, the spokesperson of the Police in Anambra State, SP Tochukwu Ikenga revealed that the hunt for the gunmen has been extended to Obofia Forest, Aguluezuchukwu, and Ogboji areas.

These were areas where it was reported that insurgents had camped and from where they launched attacks.

Ikenga said; “On 2nd April, 2024, the Police-led Forward Operating Base that is highly mobile, struck the insurgents camps in the aforementioned areas.

“Insurgents who had deployed at various locations in ambush were engaged in fierce firefight and were routed from their enclaves which were subsequently destroyed.

“High caliber ammunitions, cartridges, a locally fabricated rocket launcher, Police uniforms, and one Ford Pick-Up Truck without number plates were recovered.”

The Anambra police spokesperson said the State Commissioner of Police, CP Aderemi Adeoye, who ordered the operation, has vowed that it would be sustained until the insurgents are completely rooted out from Anambra State.

“The CP has charged troops and personnel involved in the operations to sustain the tempo until the State is made completely safe from cowardly guerrilla attacks by the insurgents,” Ikenga noted.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

2027: It Will Reverse Nigeria’s Progress – Presidency Fires Back at Atiku Over Plan to Restore Petrol Subsidy

Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy,...

Don’t Call Me Tony — Elumelu Reacts After Woman Addresses Him by First Name

Nigerian billionaire businessman and philanthropist, Tony Elumelu, has sparked...

Burna Boy, Tems Get 2026 VMA Nods as MTV Drops Afrobeats Category

Nigerian artists Burna Boy and Tems have received nominations...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x