The NSE 30 (Nigerian Stock Exchange 30) is the price index that tracks the Top 30 companies in the NSE in terms of market capitalization and liquidity.
The companies are reviewed based on their closing balances at the end of trading session on Thursday, October 3, 2019.
The Market Capitalization depreciated by 0.84% to close at N13.185 trillion.
The benchmark index (All Share Index) depreciated by 0.84% to close at 27,085 basis points.
The Top 5 Trades (by volume) were:
TOP 5 TRADES
- GTBank – 44,620,523
- FBN Holdings – 17,376,164
- Fidelity Bank – 11,219,974
- Transcorp – 9,383,267
- Access Bank – 9,389,267
TOP 5 DECLINERS
- Nestle Nigeria: -N138.40 (-9.99%).
- Betaglas: -N5.95 (-9.96%).
- Unilever Nigeria: -N2.05 (-7.68%).
- Guinness Nigeria: -N1.10 (-3.24%).
- UAC Nigeria: -25 kobo (-3.57%).
TOP 5 ADVANCERS
- Nigerian Breweries : +N1.35 (+2.76%).
- Mobil (11 plc): +N1.00 (+0.72%).
- CCNN: +90 kobo (+5.81%).
- Ecobank Transnational: +60 kobo (+8.28%).
- Flour Mills: +40 kobo (+2.74%).
*Summary of today’s Key Performance Indicators*
. All Share Index = 27,085.69 points.
. Number of Deals = 2,895
. Volume = 151,197,747
. Value = N2,521,448,950.47
. Market Capitalization = N13.185 trillion.
The market breadth (gainers/losers) of 0.67x for the day indicates that the number of sellers outpaced the number of buyers in the market today. At the end of day’s trading, 12 stocks advanced as against 18 stocks that declined.
The Bears overpowered the Bulls in the market today as NSE All Share Index depreciated by 0.84%. However, we advice our friends and allies to position themselves in stocks with good fundamentals and good dividend history, as we expect cheap stocks to move up to their intrinsic value in this second half of the year.
The performances of the NSE Top 30 Companies were as follows:
- Dangote Flour Mills: +226.28% (N22.35).
- Lafarge Africa: +28.51% (N16.00).
- Union Bank of Nigeria: +25.00% (N7.00).
- Access Bank: +7.35% (N7.30).
- Sterling Bank: -5.26% (N1.80).
- Seplat Pet. Dev: -13.28% (N555.00).
- Nestle Nigeria: -15.45% (N1,255.50).
- Fidelity Bank: -16.26% (N1.70).
- Dangote Cement: -20.40% (N151.00).
- Zenith Bank: -20.82% (N18.25).
- IBTC Stanbic Holdings: -20.85% (N38.00).
- United Bank for Africa: -21.43% (N6.05).
- Guaranty Trust Bank: -21.88% (N27.00).
- Transcorp: -23.48% (N1.01).
- Nascon Allied Industries: -23.89% (N13.70).
- Mobil (11 plc): -24.53% (N140.00).
- Oando: -26.00% (N3.70).
- Okomu Oil Palm: -27.89% (N54.95).
- Dangote Sugar Refinery: -30.82% (N10.55).
- FBN Holdings: -32.08% (N5.40).
- Unilever Nigeria: -33.38% (N24.65).
- Flour Mills Nigeria: -35.06% (N15.00).
- Presco: -36.95% (N40.35).
- Total Nigeria: -39.31% (N123.20).
- Nigerian Breweries: -41.11% (N50.35).
- PZ Cussons: -42.15% (N7.00).
- Forte Oil: -42.86% (N16.40).
- Ecobank Transnational: -43.93% (N7.85).
- Guinness Nigeria: -54.31% (N32.90).
- International Breweries: -58.69% (N12.60).
- My name is Blakey Ijezie, B.Sc, FCA, FCTI, FIMC, CMC•
Founder & Managing Partner/CEO
Okwudili Ijezie & Co.
….. since January 1994 ….
Blakey Gardens, Anthony Village
- O. Box 1, Surulere, Lagos