spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
August 21, 2026 - 4:54 AM

Court Grants Ex-Imo Gov, Okorocha, 13 Others Bail, Adjourn Till March 18

Owerri – Former Governor of Imo State, Owelle Rochas Okorocha was on Monday granted bail alongside 13 others, by a Magistrate Court, in Owerri.

The Court presided over by the Chief Magistrate Court 4, D. U Adikaibe, Owerri in Imo state, slammed five million naira fine on each of the accused persons including the former Commissioner for Transport, Lasbery Okafor Anyanwu and former local government chairman of Orlu LGA, Ijeoma Igboanusi.

Another bail condition as announced by the Chief Magistrate, was that each of the accused persons would provide a prominent traditional ruler to sign for their surety.

Reacting to the development, Prof. Nnamdi Obiareri, a former Commissioner for Information under Rochas Okorocha, who spoke with newsmen, said bail, by constitution, was everybody’s right pending the determination of the offence.

He claimed that the Chief Magistrate, had studied the lightness of the case and granted the accused bail without further delay.

It would be recalled that the former Imo Governor, Senator Rochas Okorocha, on Sunday broke into the royal spring palm apartments and hotels said to be owned by his wife, Nkechi Okorocha, alongside his foot soldiers.

The facility was said to have been sealed off earlier, by Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodinma.

The Senator was reportedly arrested and detained by the Police in the state, after clashing with some government functionaries, as was shown by an online video that went viral yesterday.
Okorocha and his successor, Uzodinma, have been at war since they later took over power after being declared the winner of the Imo governorship election by the Supreme Court.

Meanwhile, the case had been adjourned to 18th of March, 2021.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

2027: It Will Reverse Nigeria’s Progress – Presidency Fires Back at Atiku Over Plan to Restore Petrol Subsidy

Special Adviser to the President on Information and Strategy,...

Don’t Call Me Tony — Elumelu Reacts After Woman Addresses Him by First Name

Nigerian billionaire businessman and philanthropist, Tony Elumelu, has sparked...

Burna Boy, Tems Get 2026 VMA Nods as MTV Drops Afrobeats Category

Nigerian artists Burna Boy and Tems have received nominations...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x