spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
May 22, 2026 - 3:22 PM

Imo Community Dwellers Recount How Terror Gangs Kidnap, Butcher, Dump Victims in Pits After Ransom Payment

Residents of Okigwe and Arondizuogu communities in Imo have spoken out for the first time in condemnation of an era of terror that swept across the communities from 2015 to 2025, leaving an unforgettable memory of horror for them.

This dark era was characterized by a terrifying network of kidnap, torture and ritual killings that thrived in the forests of Okigwe and Arondizuogu, where armed gangs claiming to fight for Biafra independence butchered their victims and dumped them in mass graves.

Videos were obtained by The News Chronicle, where community vigilantes and local sources uncovered what is now being described as Imo’s forest of skulls, a stretch between Nneator and Aku communities littered with human bones and skulls.

Also uncovered was a 19-foot pit, reportedly used as a mass grave, which contained decomposed remains of abductees, mostly travelers, who had been seized on highways, ransomed, and then slaughtered.

In one of the videos, a vigilante operative was seen counting scattered bones, including over 40 skeletons.

According to local sources, who opted for anonymity, the pattern was consistent, where armed men lay in ambush on Okigwe–Arondizuogu roads, stopping buses and cars at gunpoint.

“Valuables are stripped, vehicles seized, and captives dragged into the surrounding forest. Relatives are then contacted to pay ransom. While a few lucky victims are freed after payment, many never return alive.

“Even after ransoms are collected, some victims are often butchered and dumped in the pit, while their vital organs are harvested. Chemicals are then poured over the bodies to decompose them faster, making room for fresh corpses,” the sources said.

According to vigilante sources, some organs are used in rituals for bulletproof charms, while others allegedly find their way to the black market.

“The level of crime these criminals, claiming to be agitators, have committed in Igboland is mind-boggling,” a security source said. “People still believe they are harmless and fighting for freedom. But how do you fight for freedom by killing your own people?”

It was gathered that at the centre of the reign of terror was the notorious ‘Gentle De Yahoo’, a dreaded gang leader operating in Okigwe’s forests, who locals said rules with blood-soaked impunity, murdering at will and striking fear in entire villages.

Sources claim Gentle De Yahoo was once a loyalist to the infamous Ikonso, the former Eastern Security Network (ESN) commander and IPOB strongman who was neutralized by security forces in 2021.
It was reported that Gentle De Yahoo was killed during a military raid on their hideout, something the Nigerian Military had confirmed too.

“Ikonso, before his death, boasted of being invincible and recruited several young men into his militia.

“Gentle De Yahoo emerged from this bloody network. After Ikonso’s fall, splinter groups sprang up, turning to full-blown criminality under the guise of Biafra agitation,” they said.

The vigilante operatives, who combed the site narrated how security operatives recently burned the camp to the ground, revealing the macabre reality, a field of bones, shattered skulls, and decomposed flesh.

“Reports by community guards from the Abia–Imo border in the same period suggest at least 34 other decaying bodies were discovered.

“These forests have become killing factories,” a vigilante operative said.

Part of the findings of security analysts was that part of the cash fueling this carnage came from diaspora donations, meant originally for Biafra agitation but now sustaining criminal warlords.

“Every dollar sent to these killers is buying bullets for the murder of Igbo sons and daughters. Despite repeated security raids, the terror cells persist. Without coordinated intelligence, cutting off funding, and forensic investigation of discovered sites, Igboland risks sliding deeper into a self-inflicted genocide,” a senior security officer told our correspondent.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

Temi Otedola Reveals “We Send Baby Names on WhatsApp” With Mr Eazi

Nigerian actress and media personality Temi Otedola has shared...

Obi Cubana Deletes All City Boy Movement Posts Amid Backlash

Nigerian billionaire businessman and socialite Obi Cubana has reportedly...

Tinubu Hails NDLEA Over $360m Nigerian-Mexican Drug Cartel Bust

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has hailed the National Drug...

PRESIDENTIAL PRIMARY: Delta Governor Charges APC Members To Vote For Tinubu 

Delta State Governor and Coordinator of the Presidential Primary...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x