President Goodluck Jonathan has ordered a probe into the Sunday night Kano bombing. The Police authority also said on Monday they had foiled a second suicide car bomb attack in Kano two hours after the Sunday suicide blast that killed four persons. “Kano police operatives, acting on intelligence, tracked and recovered a Mitsubishi station wagon car… loaded with assorted gas cylinders, one container of fuel and other electrical components of improvised explosive devices,” a statement read.
“The vehicle was recovered at Tafawa Balewa Street, (in the) Nasarawa area of Kano state, and has since been rendered safe by police bomb disposal experts.
As to who is responsible for the blast, authorities said it was too early to say who was responsible for the first blast in Sabon Gari which is a predominant Christian area of the ancient city. Security operatives said the district has previously been targeted by Boko Haram militants.