spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
May 18, 2026 - 2:14 AM

Nicki Minaj Calls Herself Trump’s ‘Number One Fan’, Pledges $300,000

Grammy Award rap artist Nicki Minaj publicly endorsed U.S. President Donald Trump on Wednesday while attending a Treasury Department–hosted summit that was set up to promote“Trump Accounts,” a new government-backed savings program for children.

Speaking at the event held at the Andrew W. Mellon Auditorium, Minaj announced she would contribute between $150,000 and $300,000 to help fund Trump Accounts, formally known as Section 530A accounts. The accounts are tax-advantaged investment vehicles designed to encourage early wealth-building for children.

“If I had access to something like this, my whole life would have been different,” Minaj said during her remarks.

The summit was attended by President Trump and Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent, who said the program has already gained significant traction. According to Bessent, approximately 600,000 families have applied for Trump Accounts since the start of the 2026 tax season earlier this week.

Under the program, all children born between 2025 and 2028 are eligible for an initial $1,000 deposit from the U.S. Treasury.

Several large companies, including JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Intel, BlackRock, Robinhood, and Charles Schwab, have pledged to match the federal contribution for employees’ children. Additional funding commitments have come from private donors, including technology executive Michael Dell and hedge fund manager Ray Dalio.

It remains unclear how recipients of Minaj’s contribution will be selected, though reports suggest the funds may benefit her fan base, known as the “Barbz.”

During the summit, Minaj went beyond policy support and expressed personal loyalty to the president. “I am probably the president’s number one fan, and that’s not going to change,” she said. “The hate, or what people have to say, does not affect me at all.”

Her remarks triggered widespread reaction online, including criticism from former fans. However, Minaj dismissed the backlash as politically motivated. “It actually motivates me to support him more,” she said, adding that criticism of Trump amounted to “smear campaigns.”

Following the event, Minaj posted photos and videos on social media alongside the president. In one post dated Jan. 28, she referred to Trump as “the best president of all time.” Trump responded in a video clip, calling Minaj “the queen of rap.”

Minaj also shared an image of a “Gold Card,” a reference to the Trump administration’s investor visa program, which offers fast-tracked U.S. residency in exchange for a $1 million payment to the federal government. There has been no official confirmation that Minaj has applied for or received residency through the program.

Minaj is not the only artist who have backed Trump. Other rap artists, including Kanye West, Waka Flocka Flame, Kodak Black, Fivio Foreign, and Azealia Banks, have expressed support for Trump at various occasions since 2016.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

BREAKING: Man Shot Dead at APC Reps Primary Election in Plateau

A resident of Kasuwan Ali Community, Mangu LGA of...

BREAKING: Soldiers, Boko Haram Terrorists Exchange Heavy Gunfire in Benishek, Borno

Reports indicate that Nigerian soldiers and Boko Haram terrorists...

Ghana Led, Nigeria Followed: Atiku Slams Tinubu’s Slow Response to South Africa Crisis

Former Vice President of Nigeria Atiku Abubakar, has condemned...

Do we all chase undue advantage without knowing it

I have watched villagers balance bundles of firewood on...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x