London terror attack: Police have found no evidence Khalid Masood had links to IS or al-Qaeda

308

POLICE have found “no evidence” Westminster attacker Khalid Masood was associated with terrorist groups Islamic State or al-Qaeda.

IS claimed responsibility for Wednesday’s horrific attack, which left three people dead, including a police officer, in London.

But Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said on Monday that Masood clearly had “an interest in jihad,” but police have no evidence he discussed his attack with others.

Mr Basu said in a statement that the deadly rampage “appears to be based on low sophistication, low tech, low cost techniques copied from other attacks.”

He said Masood was not a “subject of interest” for counterterror police or the intelligence services before last week’s attack.

Mr Basu also old BBC’s P anorama that it was “speculation” to suggest Masood was radicalised in prison in 2003.

“I know when, where and how Masood committed his atrocities, but now I need to know why. Most importantly so do the victims and families,” he said.

Wellwishers leave flowers outside the Houses of Parliament following the March 22 attack by Khalid Masood. Picture: AFP/Chris J Ratcliffe

Wellwishers leave flowers outside the Houses of Parliament following the March 22 attack by Khalid Masood. Picture: AFP/Chris J RatcliffeSource:AFP

Hours after Masood ploughed a vehicle into pedestrians on Westminster Bridge before slamming into the gates outside the Houses of Parliament and stabbing a cop, IS took the credit.

A’maq news agency, which is affiliated with the brainwashed death cult, had reported that the attacker was a “soldier of the Islamic State”.

IS supporters celebrated the atrocity on social media, claiming the incident was “revenge” for the UK strikes in Mosul, Iraq and calling it “blood for blood”.

MASOOD’S MUM SPEAKS OUT

The mother of Masood has released a statement saying: “I do not condone his actions nor support the beliefs he held that led to him committing this atrocity.”

Mother-of-three Janet Ajao said: “I am so deeply shocked, saddened and numbed by the actions my son has taken that have killed and injured innocent people in Westminster.

“Since discovering that it was my son that was responsible I have shed many tears for the people caught up in this horrendous incident.

“I wish to make it absolutely clear, so there can be no doubt, I do not condone his actions nor support the beliefs he held that led to him committing this atrocity.

“I wish to thank my friends, family and community from the bottom of my heart for the love and support given to us.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here