spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
August 19, 2026 - 6:20 PM

Liverpool vs Arsenal: Aubameyang confirms he snubbed Barcelona move

Arsenal captain, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has confirmed Barcelona is one of the clubs he turned down this summer.

Aubameyang ended speculations about his future earlier this month, by signing a new three-year deal with the Gunners.

In an interview with Canal+, the 31-year-old said he was persuaded to stay by manager Mikel Arteta and the fans.

Aubameyang’s new deal is worth £250,000-a-week with further performance-related bonuses on top.

“There were several offers, notably from Barça, but also other clubs,” he said.

The 31-year-old, who joined Arsenal from Borussia Dortmund in 2018, has lifted the FA Cup and Community Shield under Arteta.

He will be in action on Monday night, away to champions Liverpool, as they seek to continue their perfect start to the 2020/2021 season.



0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

Matters Arising From Bauchi 

It sounds like a joke, but it is not....

Chidimma Adetshina Deportation Case Adjourned to February 2027

A Cape Town regional court has postponed judgment in...

Okorocha Sues INEC Over Uzodinma’s Imo West Senatorial Candidacy

Former Imo State Governor and Senator, Rochas Okorocha, has...

Kaycee’s Arrest And The Need To Ask Nigeria’s Rich: Where Did The Money Come From?

The arrest of popular socialite and businessman Afolabi Kazeem...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x