spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
May 18, 2026 - 7:52 PM

Kano Mosque Attack: Death Toll Hits 15

—

The Kano State Police Command has on Friday 17th May confirmed the death of 15 worshippers in the mosque attack in Gadan village in Gezawa Local Government Area of the state.

Recall that a man had on Wednesday 15th May allegedly sprayed the mosque with petrol, locked its doors, and set it on fire, trapping worshippers.

Speaking on the incident, the Kano state Commissioner of Police, Usaini Gumel, told newsmen that so far, 15 out of the 24 victims of the incident have lost their lives in the inferno.

Meanwhile, initial reports revealed that one worshipper had died from the attack but the death toll later rose after more victims died while receiving treatment at the Murtala Muhammad Specialist Hospital in Kano.

Gumel said that the incident occurred during a dawn prayer at a mosque in Gadan village, leaving 24 worshippers injured.

He said the injured victims were currently receiving treatment at the Murtala Mohammed Specialist Hospital, Kano.

According to reports, the 38-year-old suspect, identified as Shafi’u Abubakar, who is currently in police custody said that the motive behind his action stemmed from a family conflict over the unequal sharing of family inheritance.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x