The NSE 30 (Nigerian Stock Exchange 30) is the price index that tracks the Top 30 companies in the NSE in terms of market capitalization and liquidity.
The companies are reviewed based on their closing balances at the end of trading session on Thursday, September 5, 2019.
The YTD (Year-To-Date) loss stood at -13.23%, while the Market Capitalization closed at N13.27 trillion. The benchmark index (All Share Index) closed at 27,273.14 basis points.
Investor sentiment as measured by market breadth (gainers/losers ratio) of 0.81x for the day indicates that the number of sellers outpaced the number of buyers in the market today. At the end of the day’s trading, 13 stocks advanced against 17 stocks that declined.
The Top 5 Trades (by volume) were:
- Guaranty Trust Bank: 35,001,565.
- FBN Holdings: 12,214,746.
- Guinness Nigeria: 10,129,082.
- Zenith Bank: 8,964,734.
- Transcorp: 6,227,337.
The Bears dictated the market today as NSE All Share Index plummeted by 0.17%. However, we advice our friends and allies to position themselves in stocks with good fundamentals and good dividend history, as we expect cheap stocks to move up to their intrinsic value in this second half of the year.
The performances of the NSE Top 30 Companies were as follows:
- Dangote Flour Mills: +191.97% (N20.00).
- Union Bank of Nigeria: +25.00% (N7.00).
- Sterling Bank: +24.74% (N2.37).
- Lafarge Africa: +16.47% (N14.50).
- Access Bank: -5.15% (N6.45).
- Mobil (11 plc): -14.82% (N158.00).
- Nestle Nigeria: -15.82% (N1,250.00).
- Dangote Cement: -16.87% (N157.70).
- United Bank for Africa: -20.13% (N6.15).
- Unilever Nigeria: -20.41% (N29.45).
- Transcorp: -22.73% (N1.02).
- Stanbic IBTC Holdings: -22.84% (N37.00).
- Oando: -23.00% (N3.85).
- Guaranty Trust Bank: -23.08% (N26.50).
- Fidelity Bank: -24.14% (N1.54).
- Zenith Bank: -24.73% (N17.35).
- Nascon Allied Industries: -27.78% (N13.00).
- Presco: -30.00% (N44.80).
- Seplat Pet. Dev: -37.86% (N397.70).
- Nigerian Breweries: -40.88% (N50.55).
- Flour Mills: -41.56% (N13.50).
- Okomu Oil Palm: -42.06% (N44.15).
- FBN Holdings: -43.40% (N4.50).
- Dangote Sugar Refinery: -44.26% (N8.50).
- Ecobank Transnational: -45.00% (N7.70).
- Forte Oil: -47.56% (N15.05).
- Guinness Nigeria: -48.19% (N37.30).
- Total Nigeria: -50.74% (N100.00).
- PZ Cussons Nigeria: -53.72% (N5.60).
- International Breweries: -60.66% (N12.00).
Blakey Ijezie, (B.Sc, FCA, FCTI, FIMC, CMC•) is the Founder & Managing Partner/CEO of Okwudili Ijezie & Co, a firm of chartered accountants