spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
August 22, 2026 - 6:32 AM

Gunmen abducts Bayelsa Commissioner’s six-year-old son

Some unknown gunmen in the late hours of Sunday, invaded the official residence of the Bayelsa State Commissioner for Water Resources, Mr Nengi Talbot, and abducted his six year old son, Antonio.

The police confirmed the abduction took place at about 10:30pm on Sunday at the Commissioners’ quarter in Opolo axis of Yenagoa, the state capital.

As at Monday, the teenager was still being held hostage by his abductors in an unknown location.

News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the abductors were yet to contact the family nor have made a ransom demand.

The Bayelsa Police Command Spokesman, SP Asinim Butswat, confirmed the incident to NAN, and said that the command had already launched a manhunt for the abductors to ensure that the minor was freed unhurt.

He said: “On 22/12/2019 at about 22:30 hours, about four unknown gunmen invaded the residence of the Commissioner for Water  Resources, Hon. Nengi Talbot at the New Commissioners quarters Opolo, Yenagoa, and abducted his six year old son, one Antonio Talbot to an unknown destination.

“The command has launched a manhunt to rescue the victim unhurt and arrest the suspects. Investigation is ongoing,” he said. (NAN)

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

Giant of Africa Wrapped in Paradox

Whenever you desire to expand your knowledge on happenings...

Army Raids Plateau Settlements, Arrests Suspected Gunrunner With AK-47 Magazines

Troops of the Nigerian Army have arrested a suspected...

Civil Defence, Immigration Recruitment Reaches Final Stage – CDCFIB

The Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board...

Men Who Dispense Cash Like Father Christmas 

In the life of every woman there are whispers...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x