After picking up mega cheque in his last fight against Manny Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is the Highest Earning Sportsman of the Year
American undefeated boxer, Floyd Mayweather has been named the world’s highest-paid athlete of 2015.
After banking 300million US dollars mostly from his Mega-bout with Manny Pacquiao, Forbes ranks him as the highest earning sportsman for the second year running.
Forbes’ earnings figures include salaries, bonuses, prize money and appearance fees, as well as estimates on licensing and endorsement income for the past 12 months.
Pacquiao earned $160m making him the second on the list.
In third and fourth places are the best footballers in the world right now, Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
Cristiano Ronaldo is this year’s highest earning footballer according to Forbes (Omni Sports)
Ronaldo earned $79.6m, nearly $6m more than his rival from Barcelona, Messi.
Tennis star is in fifth place with earnings of $67m.
American basketballers, LeBron James $64.8m and Kevin Durant, $54.1m, golfers, Phil Mickelson ($50.8) and Tiger Woods ($50.6m) and Kobe Bryant ($49.5) round up the top 10.
See the list of top 20 highest earning sportsmen:
1. Floyd Mayweather (Boxing) $300m
2. Manny Pacquiao (Boxing) $160m
3. Cristiano Ronaldo (Football) $79.6m
4. Lionel Messi (Football) $73.8m
5. Roger Federer (Tennis) $67m
6. LeBron James (Basketball) $64.8m
7. Kevin Durant (Basketball) $54.1m
8. Phil Mickelson (Golf) $50.8m
9. Tiger Woods (Golf) $50.6m
10. Kobe Bryant (Basketball) $49.5m
11. Ben Roethlisberger (American Football) $48.9m
12. Rory McIlroy (Golf) $48.3m
13. Novak Djokovic (Tennis) $48.2m
14. Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Football) $39.1m
15. Lewis Hamilton (Formula One) $39m
16. Ndamukong Suh (American Football) $38.6m
17. Fernando Alonso (Formula One) $35.5m
18. Gareth Bale (Football) $35m
19. Jon Lester (Baseball) $34.1m
20. Derrick Rose (Basketball) $33.9m