Deep-fried lizard found in McDonald’s french fries outlet

Deep-fried lizard found in McDonald's french fries at Kolkata outlet

A family’s outing for fast food turned into one of horror, when they found a deep-fried lizard in a serving of fries at a McDonald’s outlet in the city.

On Tuesday morning, Priyanka Moitra, a resident of Kolkata, took her daughter to the McDonald’s outlet near EM ByPass. The pair ordered a french fries and while tucking into her fries, the daughter discovered the deep-fried lizard.

At the sight of the dead reptile, Priyanka, who is pregnant, became sick. Worried about her baby and daughter, she reported the incident to the manager.

“When I told the outlet manager about the incident, he showed a careless attitude and left with just a sorry,” Priyanka said.

She then took a picture of the deep-fried lizard in the food and filed an FIR at the Phulbagan police station against the McDonald’s outlet.

Priyanka’s husband Sanjay Mitra, who is currently in Lucknow, said, “I’m shocked! I’m concerned about my family’s health. My wife is pregnant. How can McDonald’s be so careless? As soon as I heard about the incident, I contacted Delhi and Kolkata’s McDonald’s office, but they didn’t bother. There’s been no apology, they just want us to send it to them for analysis.”

Mitra also advised all McD lovers to “be careful.”

 Ei Samay contacted McDonald’s Kolkata area manager Rohit Kumar about the incident, but he said he is not the authorised person to answer.
Raja Mani, a McDonald’s official from Delhi, said, “A customer allegedly found a foreign body in their food. We take all reports of this nature very seriously and investigate them thoroughly.”
Source: India Times


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here