spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
May 22, 2026 - 12:28 PM

Anambra Police Officer Arrested After Threatening to Kill Anyone Who Films Him on Duty

Anambra State Police Command on Thursday announced that it arrested a police officer seen in a viral video threatening to kill anyone who makes a video recording of him while at work.

The viral video, which trended earlier this week, showed the officer identified as Assistant- Superintendent of Police, ASP Newton Isokpehi, threatening to “clear everybody down,” including bystanders, if anyone attempted to film him while carrying out official duties.

The officer further threatened that any superior officer who approved the filming of policemen would be made to bury the citizens he vowed to kill.

The video had sparked public outrage, especially from netizens, who called on the police authorities to rein in the errant officer.

A press release by the Deputy Commissioner of Police in charge of Finance and Administration, DCP Ngozi Ezeabata, on behalf of the Commissioner of Police, CP Ikioye Orutugu, said the conduct of the officer was unbecoming of a member of the Nigeria Police Force.

She said following a prompt review of the video, the Command immediately identified and arrested the officer involved.

“In line with the disciplinary standards and ethical code of the Nigeria Police Force, internal disciplinary proceedings have since been activated against the officer.

“As part of the ongoing investigation, the officer has also been subjected to a drug test to aid the Command in establishing all surrounding circumstances and ensuring a thorough and transparent process.”

In the release, the Commissioner of Police in Anambra State Command, CP Ikioye Orutugu, condemned the conduct displayed by the Officer in the video and reiterated that the Nigeria Police Force is a disciplined institution that will not condone misconduct, abuse of office, incitement, or any form of unprofessional behavior capable of undermining public trust and confidence.

The Anambra State Police Command further assured Anambra people and the general public that the outcome of the disciplinary process will be made public and that any officer found culpable will face appropriate sanctions in accordance with the law and police regulations.

The Command took the opportunity to remind officers and men of the Command to remain professional, emotionally balanced, and respectful while carrying out their lawful duties, especially in this era, when actions and conduct are constantly subjected to public scrutiny.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

Government as a Private Enterprise

We keep expecting government to act “public,” but it...

Dangote, BUA and Lafarge Deliver Massive Profit Growth in 2026

Nigeria’s leading cement manufacturers are enjoying a strong start...

Naira Gains Ground Against British Pound Amid UK Political Tension

The Nigerian naira recorded fresh gains against the British...

We Found Political Home With Peter Obi- Kwankwasiyya Movement Reject Claims of Secret 2027 Pact With Tinubu

The Kwankwasiyya Movement has dismissed claims by the Kano...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x