spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
May 23, 2026 - 11:05 PM

INEC To Commence 2-Week Voters’ Register Display Saturday Nov, 12

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC has announced plans to embark on display of entire national register of voters across the country from tomorrow, the 12th November, 2022.

The National Commissioner and Chairman, INEC Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye disclosed this after a weekly meeting of the commission on Thursday.

Okoye said the entire preliminary register containing 93,522,272 registrants will be published, for claims and objections by citizens as required by law and approved by the methodology for the exercise.

“As earlier announced by the Commission, the entire preliminary register containing 93,522,272 registrants will be published. The exercise will last for 2 weeks, from 12th -25th November 2022,” he said.

The INEC spokesperson said during the exercise which will last for 2 weeks, the physical copies of the register will be displayed in all the 8,809 Registration Areas (Wards) and 774 Local Government Areas on polling unit basis nationwide while the soft copy will be on the INEC website.

“The physical copies of the register will be displayed in all the 8,809 Registration Areas (Wards) and 774 Local Government Areas on polling unit basis nationwide.

“For the first time, the soft copy of the entire register will also be published on the Commission’s website (visit www.inecnigeria.org/display_register and follow the instructions).

“The register will give the name, picture, date of birth and Voter Identification Number (VIN) of each registered voter,” he said.

Okoye however noted that for data protection and security reasons, critical information such as biometric details, residential addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses of voters will not be made public on both the physical and soft copies.

According to him, during the display, any person may make a claim that the name of a registered voter has been omitted, make corrections on his/her personal details on the register, raise an objection against the inclusion of any person not qualified to vote or the name of a dead person on the register

He said; “As the exercise commences on Saturday 12th November 2022, we appeal to Nigerians to seize the opportunity to scrutinize the register and draw the Commission’s attention to any corrections in their personal particulars and any malicious registrations, multiple registrants, non-Nigerians or any other person not qualified to be on the register.

“Detailed clarification on the processes and procedures for the exercise, including relevant forms, can be obtained from the Commission’s officials at the points of display at Registration Areas (Wards) and Local Government Areas.

“The information has also been uploaded to the Commission’s website and social media platforms.

“By the provisions of the law, cleaning up the voters’ register is a collective national responsibility.

“So far, the Commission has weeded out ineligible registrants using our Automated Biometric Identification System (ABIS).

“By working together with citizens, we can clean the register further as it is the critical foundation for credible elections.”

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

JAMB in Focus: Further Analysis on Leadership

My opinion piece follows the popular sentiment trailing the...

Anambra First Lady to distribute 5,000 packs of hybrid non-GMO seed to boost crop yield

Anambra First Lady, Mrs Nonye Soludo, over the weekend,...

She ditched Reason and Logic for Gut

The tearful villager who had lost her way back...

Ex-Major General Haruna Gololo Arrested in Abuja, Directive Linked to Akpabio

Major General Haruna Garba Gololo, popularly known as Garus...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x