spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
August 19, 2026 - 7:20 PM

Iran confirms two more coronavirus deaths

Two more Iranians infected with a coronavirus have died, media website Eghtesaonline said on Tuesday, taking to 14 the toll in the Islamic Republic, which has the highest tally of deaths outside China, where the virus emerged late last year.

“Tests showed they had the new coronavirus,” the head of the Medical Science University of Saveh said, according to the website.

On Monday, the health ministry said 61 people had been infected in Iran.

Iran’s clerical rulers have been struggling to rein in the virus since Wednesday, when Tehran confirmed its first two deaths, in the holy Shi’ite city of Qom.

Authorities have ordered the nationwide cancellation of concerts and closures of schools, universities, and sports complexes as a precaution.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

JUST IN: Tinubu Appoints Enitan Head of Civil Service, Sets August 27 Handover

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has appointed Mr Abel Olumuyiwa...

Matters Arising From Bauchi 

It sounds like a joke, but it is not....

Chidimma Adetshina Deportation Case Adjourned to February 2027

A Cape Town regional court has postponed judgment in...

Okorocha Sues INEC Over Uzodinma’s Imo West Senatorial Candidacy

Former Imo State Governor and Senator, Rochas Okorocha, has...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x