spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
August 21, 2026 - 6:47 PM

774,000 jobs: Buhari gives Keyamo go ahead

The Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo, said he has President Muhammadu Buhari’s approval, to go ahead with the plan to recruit 774,000 Nigerians under the Special Public Works Programme (SPW).

Keyamo confirmed this to newsmen in Abuja.

“I have the instructions of my boss, Mr. President, to proceed unhindered,” he said.

The National Assembly had ordered Keyamo to put a halt on the programme.

The Minister and lawmakers had been at loggerheads over the implementation of the programme.

The lawmakers claimed Keyamo did not seek their inputs, before putting together members of the 20-man States selection committees inaugurated in June.

They also accused him of trying to hijack the scheme from the National Directorate of Employment (NDE), the implementing agency of the project.

However, Keyamo, who appeared before members of the National Assembly Joint Committee on Labour on June 30, accused the lawmakers of seeking to control the implementation of the programme.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

Civil Defence, Immigration Recruitment Reaches Final Stage – CDCFIB

The Civil Defence, Correctional, Fire and Immigration Services Board...

Men Who Dispense Cash Like Father Christmas 

In the life of every woman there are whispers...

NECO Boss Wushishi Elected Vice-President of African Assessment Body

The Registrar and Chief Executive Officer of the National...

Fashion Influencer Diana Eneje Announces Engagement to Pascal Godwin

Fashion influencer, entrepreneur, and content creator Diana Eneje has...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x