spot_img
spot_imgspot_img
August 19, 2026 - 4:56 PM

70 people trapped as Coronavirus quarantine facility collapses in China

About 70 people have been trapped after a hotel being used as a coronavirus quarantine facility in the Chinese city of Quanzhou collapsed.

About 35 people have been pulled from the rubble of the five-storey Xinjia Hotel, officials say.

Videos posted online show emergency workers combing through the building’s wreckage in the southern province of Fujian.

It is not clear what caused the collapse or if anyone has died.

It happened at about 19:30 local time (11:30 GMT) yesterday.

Chinese state media said the hotel was being used as a quarantine facility monitoring people who had had close contact with coronavirus patients.

The hotel reportedly opened in 2018 and had 80 guest rooms.
One woman told the Beijing News website that relatives including her sister had been under quarantine there.

“I can’t contact them, they’re not answering their phones,” she said.

“I’m under quarantine too [at another hotel] and I’m very worried, I don’t know what to do. They were healthy, they took their temperatures every day, and the tests showed that everything was normal.”

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
0 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted

Share post:

Subscribe

Latest News

More like this
Related

Okorocha Sues INEC Over Uzodinma’s Imo West Senatorial Candidacy

Former Imo State Governor and Senator, Rochas Okorocha, has...

Kaycee’s Arrest And The Need To Ask Nigeria’s Rich: Where Did The Money Come From?

The arrest of popular socialite and businessman Afolabi Kazeem...

Seven Women, 12 Children From Terrorist Families Surrender to Troops in Borno

Seven women linked to suspected terrorists, accompanied by 12...

Borno Spends N15.29bn on Scholarships Since 2023 – Zulum

Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum, has disclosed...
Join us on
For more updates, columns, opinions, etc.
WhatsApp
0
Would love your thoughts, please comment.x
()
x